New wind operations base to boost Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft …
Last week s announcement that Galloper Offshore Wind Farm will locate its operations and maintenance base at Port of Lowestoft will provide a major boost for companies growing their businesses in the Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Enterprise Zone.12
Galloper Offshore Wind Farm Ltd, which is a joint venture between energy groups RWE Innogy UK and SSE signed an agreement with Associated British Ports. The Galloper site will involve up to 140 wind turbines based 17 miles off the Suffolk Coast which could generate enough energy to power the equivalent of 330,000 average UK households.
This announcement is good news for Norfolk and Suffolk and creates great investment opportunities at the heart of the Enterprise Zone. said Andy Wood, Chairman of New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership3.
The Enterprise Zone is based across 6 sites in Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth and offers great incentives for energy-related businesses with ambitions to grow jobs.
In addition to a discount on business rates, simplified planning and superfast broadband, companies in the Enterprise Zone now have the added benefit of a major hub for operations and maintenance of the wind farm on their doorstep.
This could provide exciting supply chain opportunities, for companies which are looking to expand and grow.
This builds on the recent decision 4to locate the Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm operations and maintenance base in Great Yarmouth and sends a very clear message that the East of England is the UK s prime location for the offshore wind industry.
New Anglia helps to grow jobs and remove the barriers to business growth in Suffolk and Norfolk.
- offshore wind farms including the massive East Anglia Array
- oil and gas exploration and extraction
- nuclear new build and decommissioning
- gas storage and platform decommissioning
Comments are closed.
- ^ Galloper Wind Farm (www.galloperwindfarm.com)
- ^ Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Enterprise Zone (www.newanglia.co.uk)
- ^ New Anglia LEP (www.newanglia.co.uk)
- ^ Great Yarmouth chosen as preferred operations base for Dudgeon wind farm (social.windenergyupdate.com)
- ^ EEEZ (www.theenergyzone.co.uk)