Norfolk Constabulary: Burglary prompts advice
Police are reminding householders in North Walsham to keep doors
and windows locked after a television was stolen from a property in
The incident took place on Melbourne Road,
North Walsham, between 4pm and 6.30pm on Tuesday 26 October where
unknown offender/s entered an insecure property and stole a 32
Here s a quick reminder of some of the things
you can do to improve the security around your home:
- If you are replacing or fitting new doors and windows, get ones
that are certified to British Standard BS7950 (windows) or PAS 24-1
- Fit mortise locks (Kitemarked BS3621) to all front and back
doors and locks to all downstairs windows or windows which are easy
to reach remove and have below:
- Fit and use window locks on all accessible windows both
upstairs and downstairs.
- Keep your house and car keys safe and away from doors and
- Fit a burglar alarm, but make sure it is installed by a company
who is registered with SSAIB or NSI and is fitted to BS
- Keep your garage and garden shed locked with proper security
locks, and keep any tools secure, out of sight and property
- Trim back any plants or hedges that a burglar could hide
- Make sure you have up-to-date insurance.
- Join a Home Watch Scheme and make sure you inform your
insurance company of any security measures you take it might
reduce your premiums.
Officers would like to speak to anyone who saw anything
suspicious in the area or who might have information relating to
the item stolen.
Contact North Walsham Safer Neighbourhood Team
on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously
on 0800 555 111