Prince George in Official Royal Family Portrait March 2014
Kate Middleton and Prince William released a family portrait1 on Saturday, and it’s beyond sweet. The official image shows 8-month-old Prince George in Kate’s arms as he locks eyes with their dog, Lupo. Meanwhile, Kate and William beam as they casually nestle near a windowsill in their Kensington Palace apartment.
If you look closely, you’ll see “George” written on the little prince’s baby blue sweater.
The image, taken by photographer Jason Bell in mid-March, marks the first time the family has released an official portrait since George’s christening2 last October. For that milestone, Jason took five official portraits3.
When that sweet snap was taken, Lupo looked away with his tongue hanging out, as George rested in his mom’s arms with his eyes closed.
The excitement over growing George’s latest moment with his parents started when CNN’s Max Foster tweeted the image on Saturday, mere hours after Kate and William joined Prince Harry at a wedding5. The photogenic family members are destined to grab even more headlines when they tour Australia and New Zealand for three weeks in April6. It will be George’s first official trip abroad!
- ^ Kate Middleton and Prince William released a family portrait (www.usmagazine.com)
- ^ George’s christening (www.popsugar.com)
- ^ five official portraits (www.popsugar.com)
- ^ family’s first official photo (www.popsugar.com)
- ^ Kate and William joined Prince Harry at a wedding (www.popsugar.com)
- ^ tour Australia and New Zealand for three weeks in April (www.popsugar.com)
- ^ highlights from George’s first year (www.popsugar.com)