Your Security Is Our Business

13th-february

Meeting 13th July 2015

MINUTES of MEETING held on 13th July 2015

PRESENT C.Cook(Clerk), S. Hannant , P. Jackson, J.

Seaward, J. Lucy, J. O Leary and P.

Jackson.

Chairman welcomed John Seaward as our new councillor

  1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE received from M. Ball and L. Chenery

2 .

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Chairman asked for any declarations of interest.

None declared.

  1. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING held on 8th June 2015 were agreed as a true representation of meetings

Proposed by J. O Leary seconded by J. Lucy

  1. COUNTY/DISTRICT COUNCILLORS, COMMUNITY POLICING, LOCAL ORGANISATIONS, CLUBS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES – REPORTS / INFORMATION.

Monthly e-mail report received from Loddon Police.

One recorded crime

  1. O Leary informed that Treasurer of V.H. will be changing in near future. There is a meeting on Friday.

    Main priority at present is fundraising for Village Car park refurbishment.

  2. MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF P.C. ASSETS

Grant funding has been offered from WREN for Outdoor Gym and access paths. Heather will remain as main contact for this grant application.

Installation should commence next week

Items from this years play area inspection were discussed. Working Party arranged for Saturday 1st August commencing at 10 am to progress suggestions. Clerk to order missing parts for equipment.

A contractor who quoted for gym equipment suggested that we resolve the gaps at the edge of the roller skating path by simply filling them with soil.

We await quotations/suggestions for other problems including ball park resurfacing/ toddler area surfacing repairs and fencing refurbishment which were not mentioned in the play area inspection report.

Contractors for the pub housing are willing to re install chicane at Links Way entrance and will let us have the metal fencing when it is replaced by the new boundary fencing for the housing.

Heather is progressing this.

  1. HIGHWAY/TRAFFIC CALMING/FOOTPATH MATTERS

Beccles Road has been re-surfaced . Problems re puddling have been reported to highways. They have forwarded our complaint to their contractor.

I have repeated our request for action Await response/action

Problems with signage and road markings at crossways corner have been reported to Highways

It was agreed that purchase of speed awareness equipment is removed from agenda at this time. Suggested that we ask Police to provide mobile equipment periodically.

Bowls Club have asked the PC to consider placement of amenity directional sign placed at pub corner directing visitors to say Bowls Club, Church, School, Allotments, Village Hall, Playing Field etc. Agreed that Clerk replies to Bowls Club and suggest that funds are not available at this time. (Approximate cost 500)

  1. PLANNING

Heathers complaint to SNC regarding their reporting of the Parish Councils responses to the Local Plan Inspector was sent to SNC etc.

Response was received and circulated with Agenda. Heather is preparing a response to this letter. It was agreed that Heather s draft response would be circulated to all Councillors and if there were no objections Clerk would send to SNC as the Parish Council s response.

  1. CHEQUES

BT Phone and Broadband 145.14

NTTVH Hire of Hall 9.50

David Bracey Play Area Inspection 78.00

  1. Cook Clerks Wages, Photocopies N/L etc 400.62

HMRC Clerks Tax 100.75

  1. Cox Play area warden wages 36.29

Proposed by J.

O Leary seconded by P. Jackson that cheque payments be authorised.

  1. O Leary offered to review Parish Plan and bring suggestions as to how an update of Plan is progressed to next meeting.

It has been suggested that we plan a short questionnaire and include in a future newsletter and use results to update Parish Plan.

Nothing to report

Agreed that J. Lucy would keep a copy of Parish Council files on memory stick.

P.

Jackson to liaise with Clerk with regard to keeping copies of all information on Goggle.

  • DATE OF NEXT MEETING 10th AUGUST 2015

NOB meeting closed at

Signed

Weekly crime summary 13th to 20th November 2013

We have seen a reduction in Thefts from vehicle this week with only two vehicles being broken into, one in Costessey and one at Dunston. This is good news but vehicle security remains a message we need to continue to pass on.

Thefts from sheds have been a problem this week with a number of sheds on allotments in Harleston and in Costessey being targeted. An additional four sheds were broken into in Stoke Holy Cross, Swardeston, Roydon and Costessey.

In most cases nothing was stolen but fishing tackle, electric tools and lawn mowers were taken in some cases.

Please pass on the message to consider the security of your sheds and contact your local Safer Neighbourhood Team for crime prevention / security advice.

Shed alarms are also available for sale from the Public Enquiry offices at your local police station at a cost of 10.75.

Please check the Norfolk Constabulary Website for opening times of the public enquiry offices

Inspector Carol Congreve

Please note the information contained within the crime summary is information suitable for public distribution and does not include certain categories which may have personal privacy or data protection implications.

52267/13

Theft If Not Classified Elsewhere MIDDLE ROAD

FRITTON

NORWICH

Between 16 Nov 2013 10:00 and 17 Nov 2013 10:00 Unknown persons have stolen an electric fence energiser which provides power to the electric fence, one battery and 120 fence posts from Fritton Common.

52568/13

Theft Of Conveyance Other Than Motor Vehicle Or Pedal Cycle STEEPLE LANE

ASLACTON

NORWICH

Between 25 Oct 2013 18:00 and 10 Nov 2013 10:00 Unknown person(s) have taken a mobility scooter belonging to the victim by entering the grounds belonging to the victim and taking the victim s scooter which had been left outside under a rain cover since 2010.